Re: Re: Re: Donn Tibbetts

In a message dated 12/1/98 7:13:52 AM, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net wrote:

<<I will stake MY LIFE on the fact that WKBR was
on 1240 when I first came to Boston in 1956. I distinctly remember when WKBR
changed frequencies. It was positively AFTER I arrived in Boston. WFTN first
signed on after WKBR moved. I don't know what year WKBR was GRANTED 1250.
THAT may have occurred EARLY in the 50s. >>>

I STAND corrected!!  I wasn't born until the late 60's, so after reading my
Granite & Ether book I was lead to believe that WKBR has always been on 1250.
I apologize.

<<<I do not believe that WFTN SIGNED ON until after WKBR
changed frequencies. And that was no sooner than the MID 1950s. My guess is
that it was in 1960 or later. So, if you folks at WFTN think you know when
the station first signed on, you might be wrong. If you've already
celebrated the station's 40th anniversary, you may have unwittingly
celebrated the date on which the CP was issued.

No ,we didn't celebrate the 40th anniversary, I was going by papers of past
history of our station applications.

Gary Ford