Re: Donn Tibbetts

Sorry Gary, the referee gives the match to Dan, Joe Ross, Bob Bittner and
everyone else who responded on this thread.

WKBR was indeed born on 1240kc, and my book, "Granite & Ether," says so
(right there on page 22, right column, 4th graf).  It also says how WKBR
moved to 1250 in October 1960 (p.49, left column, 3rd graf).  The exact
date is a mystery.  NAB record indicate WKBR had a CP to move to 1250, 5k
day/night on May 20, 1959.  The earliest FCC record I could find showed
the app had been made July 22, 1959 and was granted November 30, 1960.
However, the Manchester Union Leader radio schedules began listing WKBR
on 1250 on October 1, 1960 so you can take your pick.

As for WFTN, the first FCC mention of it was a CP app dated January 20,
1964.  When I wrote the book in 1993, station personnel weren't able to
determine the exact sign-on date; they guessed at October 30, 1966.  The
only documentation I found was in the NAB files:  WFTN had program test
authority on October 27.

Ed (Brouder@Juno.com)
Man From Mars Productions
http://www.manfrommars.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]