Re: WKBR Twelve-WHAT?

In a message dated 98-11-30 20:49:59 EST, GF015@aol.com writes:

>	You are wrong.  I doubled checked my Granite & Ether:A Chronicle Of NH
>Broadcasting book again, and WKBR has always been on 1250 AM since sign on in
>1946.  Ed Broudeur wrote this book as I believe he is a member of this news
>group as well.  1240 was awarded to WFTN in Franklin, NH in the early 50's.

Having been a former owner of WKBR (many others can make that claim), I know
for a fact that WKBR was on 1240.  When it moved to 1250, it made way for
Franklin to be able to be born.   I had all the old FCC filings/ license-
stuff.  Was definitely 1240 before the big jump to 5,000 watts.   In case my
memory is gone,  I have a thick steel "license plate" promotional thing with
embossed letters saying WKBR -1240 ON YOUR DIAL.  Found it in the old barn at
the tower site.

- ---jibguy