Re: WJIB calls...

- ->---Joseph Gallant <notquite@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I believe they came up with a nautical motif when they rented out
>> space in a newly-rennovated building on the Boston Waterfront at
>> (# 68) Commercial Wharf.
>> Hence, "WJIB" and the ship's bells sound effects.

A similar situation with San Francisco's original KFOG (Pronounced:
Kay-Fog).  Had the bells, the surf, etc. in its ID (man, do I wish I still
had a tape of that).  The diea was that listening to the surf and all is a
very peaceful experience.

I have placed an old WJIB ID somewhere in the Boston Radio History secton of
WRKO/The BIG 68 Remembered (www.big68.org/wrko).  It was oneof Radio's
finest easy-listening IDs.

shel