Re: using newstaff to do remotes

In a message dated 11/30/98 10:58:56 AM EST, billo@erols.com writes:

<< Just how much work would it have been to move some holiday files onto the
 server?  And I thought PC automation was supposed to reduce staffing costs,
 not eliminate them?!

 Bill O'Neill >>

Almost nothing.  Unfortunately, I have observed that most stations that
automate or computerize get lazy and stop paying attention to the little
things.  The problem is not the computer, it's management.  Even if they did
not add special holiday files they could have used their weekend
liners/bumpers to eliminate the at work references.

One positive aspect of voice tracking is more radio people actually get to
spend the holidays with their families.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine
Who worked 6pm to Midnight on Thanksgiving