WJIB calls...

Regarding what Bob and Donna were saying on
yesterday's Let's Talk About Radio about
the origin of the WJIB call letters, I thought
that it had something to do with being owned by
General Electric. The "J" was how the initial
letter of "General" is pronounced; the "I" is
how some people pronounce the initial letter of
"Electric", and the "B" is for "Broadcasting".
J-eneral
I-lectric
B-roadcasting

(Some people pronouce the first "E" in "electric"
to rhyme with "see",but many people do say
"ih-lectric".)

Didn't read that anywhere; it's my own theory.

Unrelated thought--saw Rush Limbaugh being interviewed
by Tim Russert on CNBC yesterday--did Rush lose
weight or what? What diet plan is he on!