Re: Bruce Bradley

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> >WBZ also was a bit more conservative about what they allowed on the air.
> >I remember a song, I think it was by Paul Simon, that began "When I think
> >back on all the crap I learned in high school, ..."  WMEX played the song
> >that way, but WBZ altered it.  This was circa 1972, I think.
> >
> Kodachrome (doesn't sound the same when you change the lyric to FujiColor).

Huh?

> The answer has no bearing on your point, but in Amherst, were you listening
> to WBZ or WBZA?

WBZA was gone by then.  Much to my displeasure, since the night reception
wasn't always very good.  But then again, since WBZA was only 1000 watts,
it may not have been that much better.

While I was at UMass, I didn't usually have a car available, but after I
graduated, I discovered, while driving back from a visit on a Sunday
night, that it's really difficult to find an AM station that will give
listenable reception for very long during that drive.  Then again, I don't
think I ever tried CBL at that time.

It's easier on FM.  Last time I was up there, I drove home late at night
and listened to WDRC in Hartford, then WWBB in Providence, which brought
me within range of Boston stations.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/