Re: using newstaff to do remotes

Hey Mike-

As a former news director/anchor/chief bottlewasher for a few stations, I
was called on to do remotes...I don't remember if I plugged products, but I
sure did mention the sponsor everytime the sales rep came over and tapped me
on the shoulder.

It was a chance for me to show a second personality of sorts...shed my skin.
 I especially liked it when we did the entire morning show from a location
and had someone back at the studio punching up the news cuts...people were
amazed...

Not unusual for a small market station (which I came from)...but for a
Central Mass "big daddy?"  I'll reserve judgement...

Marc Lemay
http://www.massachusetts.com/times