Re: Remotely Memorable (was: Bruce Bradley)

For better or worse....OK...here we go...

- - A remote in a store front window in Fall River celebrating the holidays.
The store set up a very elaborate  holiday setting in their window...their
brillant idea was to have us broadcast from the window setting....in the
middle of December.  20 degrees outside....65 degrees inside...that equals
condensation.  On the windows.  To the point of us having to move the remote
outside...where we braved the cold.

- - Another winter remote...again in Fall River.  Downtown, holiday lighting
ceremony...giant tree outside Govt. Ctr.  School kids singing, hot chocolate
flowing.  What we didn't know was that we were plugged into the same circuit
as the giant tree...lots of lights mind you.  When they lit the tree, it
stayed on for about 5 seconds...about the same time we stayed on.  Shorted
out the place...

- -There are also the numerous remotes from supermarkets, shoe stores, and
yes, even a butcher shop.

I've got a million of 'em...(or at least a few dozen or so...)

Marc Lemay
http://www.massachusetts.com/times