Eagle 93.7, and 1150

On yesterday's Let's Talk about Radio, Bob and
Donna wondered what might happen to Eagle 93.7's
format. Well, I think they've done fairly well
recently in the ratings with their Hits of the
70s/80s format...but who knows? Maybe they could
go to "FM talk" (would sister station WRKO feel
it would cut into their listenership?). Heck,
they could re-dub themselves WRKO-FM. (Imagine
a hip voice saying "93.7" (whoosh sound effect)
"...'RKO-FM!!"
Or maybe even move Howie and company to FM totally,
and re-do the AM (if 680's signal is better than
850, WEEI's sports could move there).

Other formats might be worth a shot, too...but
again, I thought I saw in the last ratings (in the
papers) that WEGQ did well. So maybe there'd be
no change, at least not now. WEGQ might be like
those oldies stations (e.g., WODS) that bounce up
and down in the ratings from book to book.

On the subject of 1150 AM (also bought up on LTAR),
I remember them being WACQ with top 40, WCOP with
country, WHUE (beautiful music; sometimes simulcasting
WHUE-FM 100.7, and sometimes separate), WMEX, WROR,
WNFT (simulcasting WAAF, and sometimes doing sports
broadcasts), and more. Yes, 1150 and 740 have gone
through _so_ many calls and formats!