Re: NERW--WDRC quad-cast

At 01:22 AM 11/11/98 -0400, Martin J. Waters wrote:
 For Torrington at least,
>they actually have a local news breakaway in the morning. And they have
>spot breakaways so local advertisers who might not be able to afford the
>four stations and don't need them can buy time on one station. Overall, I
>find it to be a very interesting operation.

I'd imagine the logistics of a quad-cast with (sometimes) separately sold &
programmed spots must be a handful.  We split spots on one of our
simulcasts where I work, and we have to be very attentive to spot length.
It also takes considerable time & effort for our traffic director so we
don't get back-to back competitors or a spot back to back with itself (we
don't usually cut away for the entire stopset...it will usually rejoin in
mid-break).