Re: NERW--WDRC quad-cast

>NERW wrote:
>*Buckley Broadcasting turned on its latest adult-standards station in
>the Hartford area last Saturday.  WMMW (1470) Meriden is the third
>station to share voicetracked jocks and format with WDRC (1360)
>Hartford; the other two are WSNG (610) Torrington and WWCO (1240)
>Waterbury.

        I believe that at least part of the day they use actual
old-fashioned jocks who are at least partly doing it live rather than voice
tracking. Mornings is Brad Davis and he's definitely old-fashioned. I
believe they have a midday guy. They sound like they're live in PM drive.
In the late hours/weekends they have a nostalgia bird feed and in the
evening they have one or two national talk shows. For Torrington at least,
they actually have a local news breakaway in the morning. And they have
spot breakaways so local advertisers who might not be able to afford the
four stations and don't need them can buy time on one station. Overall, I
find it to be a very interesting operation.