Re: Two Chicks Dissing

The chicks
>sound like fairly intelligent ladies, but I can't tell whether the subject
>matter with which they sometimes deal embarasses them or not. If they have
>any sensibilities, they should be embarassed. But hey, they're just trying
>to make a living, and I doubt whether they get paid all that well, either.
>
>-------------------------------
>Dan Strassberg

Intellect aside, they just don't appear to know any better.  That goes to
(lack of) experience.  They get an A for keeping the boss happy, at the very
least.

Howie Carr seems tired with his distancing from "local stuff" and to more to
general fluff; the changes are not just to accomodate his network of
stations, but to satisfy some sort of mgmt.-driven goals.  Here's a guy who
knows better than _anyone_ where all the local political bones are buried,
nepotism, salaries, hacks.  And what does he get to do with it now?  Ziltch.
The very "stuff" that got Howie to radio is tucked away in his briefcase
next to his headphones.  At least he gets to use his headphones.  (I would
think Seattle listeners would seek an alternative quickly if the show went
too Boston.  I think "Raybo" and "Patches" have less to worry about now.)

Bill O'Neill