Re: Two Chicks Dissing

At 12:13 PM 11/8/98 -0800, you wrote:

>If you need further proof, call me and I will put you in touch with one of
>the PDs that Laurie & Leslie worked under.  When I hear from one or both of
>the girls this week, I will allow them to correct.  I will post the info
>through the neradio@nelist.com. mailing list.

If I recall correctly, the chicks have even stated on the air on WRKO that,
before coming to Boston, they did a gig in CT. I don't think they identified
the CT station, though, but they either said or strongly implied that it was
in Fairfield County. Was it really WMMM, the AM 1260 in Westport? It's
hardly the kind of market from which one would expect to advance directly to
Boston.

I wouldn't put it past Straley to embellish the story a little to make
himself look like more of a hero than he is. It's debatable whether he is
any kind of hero. Given the kind of crap that these women have put out over
the air, I question whether the PD deserves _any_ credit for bringing them
to Boston, regardless of how many gigs they had done previously. The chicks
sound like fairly intelligent ladies, but I can't tell whether the subject
matter with which they sometimes deal embarasses them or not. If they have
any sensibilities, they should be embarassed. But hey, they're just trying
to make a living, and I doubt whether they get paid all that well, either.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205