Re: Did You Work at the old WCCM-FM, circa 1973-74?

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Glenn Spatola wrote:

> I worked the 4 PM to 10 PM shift during that time.  "You've found the
> sound; now tell a friend..."  (That was me.)  We simulcasted until sunset,
> and I worked the FM until 10pm.  (For some silly reason they signed the FM
> off at 10 in those pre-CGY days.)

That was real progress.  When WCCM-FM first went on the air (as WGHJ), it
simulcasted the AM and signed off at sunset, when the AM signed off.

Come to think of it, I think I heard you once on WCCM-FM, back in the
early 70s and called you up there.  It was always a thrill for me to
recognize an old WMUA person on the radio when I least expected it.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/