Re: WLNG-FM (was WCBS-FM 101.1..)

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998 19:23:29 EST FMradio1@aol.com writes:

>WLNG has had great billing for many years.  If the station had zero
audience,
>then the advertising would not be effective for the client, and the
>advertising would be pulled.

Again my response would be not necessarily.  The "old boy" network
continues to exist inthe small markets... some folks might advertise
simply because the station is a known entitiy, they got a great price, or
exclusivity.  On WLNG, when you buy a remote, you probably get 30 minute
an hour of talk about the sponsor.  The average listner may find this
unlistenable.

Also, I'm not saying WLNG has zero audience.  they do have some kind of
an audience because they are local, and by the way, kudos to them for
staying local!

Rick Kelly

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]