WKND vs. WALE (Was Re: WNEZ / WKND / WMMW)

>Ron Gitschier wrote:
daytime only, 500 w, directional, with one of the most
>worthless signals in the history of radio.

        Actually, I wrote that and take full responsibility for suggesting
that WKND's coverage area at noon is the size of a postage stamp (the
little ones). Also, you took out part of the message so it looks like WNEZ
is the station being referred to as a 500w daytimer. That's WKND. WNEZ is 5
kW, DA-N.

>Ron Suggests:
>
>I thought WALE-990 Had the most worthless coverage area (@ 50kw) So would
>the Hartford 500w station be the Second??

        The way the AM band is, getting into a discussion of the most
worthless signal could really open upa big territory. I'm not sure I want
to go there <g>. However, I will at a minimum acknowledge that WALE should
receive careful consideration for bogus signal of the century award.
        BTW, am I having a permanent brain cramp, or was that station (I
forget the original call letters) on 1000 kHz instead of 990 when it first
signed on as a daytimer (which was when? around 1960?), and then just a
little while later it moved to 990?