Re: Channel 50's transmitter (Re: WNDS News at 7 and 10)

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Peter Q. George wrote:

>      WNDS has a major problem.  Its' transmitter.  It is an old 1983+
> Townsend transmitter (from what I have been told).  Since Townsend
> went out of business, several years ago, parts are scarce.  It was

   I wonder what happened to the old Ampex beast that WXPO used......

Still.....I'm not going to blame the xmtr for all of WNDS's problems. Yes
I will agree that they were at best an "industrial" quality station when
they signed on 15 years ago and probably haven't spent much since...but
mygawd they look worse than CCTV in Cambridge....that is bad.