Re: WLLH 1400 - Dropping Synchronous Operations??

- ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01BE0699.D7FE9020

    The following day, while on a tower photo expedition, I noted that =
WLLH wasn't blasting my car radio while parked near the 46 Amesbury =
Street Lawrence Flagople/Rooftop Antenna site.=20
    Has WLLH made it a regular practice to shut off the Lawrence =
transmitter? They indeed identify themselves as WLLH Lowell *and* =
Lawrence.... Being a WLLH Alum, I was quite disturbed to find this out. =
Anyone know the skinny on this? Are the electricity rates that high? =
They seem to bill ok...
   =20
    Can't confirm, but WLLH had been known to go dark in Lawrence at =
least at night, especially, when the interference is worse.  (Remember =
the 250k nights?)  The overlap is HUGE with the 1 kW D/N.  Around '86 I =
was there doing a wknd. shift in their former 4 Bway studio (Modern =
Country days), the Lowell died and Lawrence sustained air mon as bright =
as day.  You stared at Lowell xmtr through the glass and could see  the =
plates die, momentary audio dip  and in came Lawrence.  One of those =
weird moments you don't forget.    I am sure both xmtrs are there to =
sustain a piece of history and look good in marketing materials.  Not =
sure how many people east of Tewksbury buy time there.
   =20
    Bill O'Neill

- ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01BE0699.D7FE9020

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: =
5px">
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>The following day, while on a tower photo =
expedition, I=20
    noted that WLLH wasn't blasting my car radio while parked near the =
46=20
    Amesbury Street Lawrence Flagople/Rooftop Antenna site. =
</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Has WLLH made it a regular practice to shut off =
the=20
    Lawrence transmitter? They indeed identify themselves as WLLH Lowell =
*and*=20
    Lawrence.... Being a WLLH Alum, I was quite disturbed to find this =
out.=20
    Anyone know the skinny on this? Are the electricity rates that high? =
They=20
    seem to bill ok...</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Can't confirm, but WLLH had been =
known to go=20
    dark in Lawrence at least at night, especially, when the =
interference is=20
    worse.&nbsp; (Remember the 250k nights?)&nbsp; The overlap is HUGE =
with the=20
    1 kW D/N.&nbsp; Around '86 I was there doing a wknd. shift in their =
former 4=20
    Bway studio (Modern Country days), the Lowell died and Lawrence =
sustained=20
    air mon as bright as day.&nbsp; You stared at Lowell xmtr through =
the glass=20
    and could see&nbsp; the plates die, momentary audio dip&nbsp; and in =
came=20
    Lawrence.&nbsp; One of those weird moments you don't=20
    forget.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am sure both xmtrs are there to sustain =
a piece=20
    of history and look good in marketing materials.&nbsp; Not sure how =
many=20
    people east of Tewksbury buy time there.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Bill=20
O'Neill</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01BE0699.D7FE9020--