Re: [neradio] Appropriate last songs (was Re: Fw: ...But RKO rolled me....)

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Labor Day Weekend, 1984. Just before 3 p.m on the Friday of that weekend,
> >WCOZ signs off with "Go Now," by The Moody Blues. WZOU then signs on with
> >the "Hot Hits" jingle (I wanted to die...I thought Mike Josephs had now
> >invaded Boston) and goes right into "She-Bop" by Cyndi Lauper.
>
> Oops... I was listening.  Heard "Go Now" then the jingle you recall, then
> "Start Me Up" by the Stones.  Are you sure the Lauper song wasn't used at
> another changeover?  Perhaps when The Zoo became "The New All Hit Z-94"(?).
> I recall the Stones song, thinking, at the time, we'd likely rarely or never
> hear that track on the new station the way it was framed.
>
> Bill O'Neill

Bill..

You are right. My error. "Start Me Up" was the first song on "The New
Zoo." I did hear the Lauper tune later that day.

I moved to Florida in Fall '85...before Z-94.

One thing is for sure...I don't think you'll hear it at 94.5 in
Boston...maybe on 94.5 in Naples/ Ft. Myers, FL *grin*

Did you go to Bridgewater State College??????

Scott
"Scooter Livingston"