Re: [neradio] Appropriate last songs (was Re: Fw: ...But RKO rolled me....)

Labor Day Weekend, 1984. Just before 3 p.m on the Friday of that weekend,
>WCOZ signs off with "Go Now," by The Moody Blues. WZOU then signs on with
>the "Hot Hits" jingle (I wanted to die...I thought Mike Josephs had now
>invaded Boston) and goes right into "She-Bop" by Cyndi Lauper.

Oops... I was listening.  Heard "Go Now" then the jingle you recall, then
"Start Me Up" by the Stones.  Are you sure the Lauper song wasn't used at
another changeover?  Perhaps when The Zoo became "The New All Hit Z-94"(?).
I recall the Stones song, thinking, at the time, we'd likely rarely or never
hear that track on the new station the way it was framed.

Bill O'Neill