Re: Fw: "frequency shorthand"

Bump Martin wrote: "The billoboards all said WBZ Radio XXXX....I think
the plan was that one morning everone would wake up and the XXXX would
be replaced with 1-0-3-0....Seemed odd then....seems odd now."

It's comforting to know I'm not the only one who found those billboards
to be bizarre.  As indicated in a post on 10/21, there was a space
between the first and seconds X's, giving us the Roman numerals ten and
thirty.  I'd been puzzling over those billboards for months before
somebody clued me in on the secret.