Re: Whatever happened to...

At 09:05 AM 10/28/98 -0800, Bob Nelson wrote:

>  --A few years ago,I heard the Reunion song on
>WVMT in Burlington,VT (was up there on vacation) and
>was amazed to hear it continue on for a minute beyond
>where I thought it had faded out. Turned out that when
>it was a hit, most stations faded it out early (same
>thing with "Beach Baby"). The full versions of BOTH
>songs are on one of those Rhino "Have a Nice Day--
>Super Hits of the 70s" CDs.

Rhino must have used the album version of Life Is A Rock (you mean they
actually put out an album?)...I bought the 45 way back when and it faded
early compared to the Rhino CD.  There was a discussion somewhere a few
months ago that a certain "F" word is audible toward the end of the long
version.

Beach Baby faded at 3:02 on the promo singles...store singles had a 5+ min
ver.