Re: (Fwd) : Re: Ginsburger meets Collins transmitter

Dan,
        You are correct. We had to reduce the power during the day
on those occasions when the tide rose high enough to interfere
with tower bases. I remember that this wasn't that frequent an
occurence, but when it happened, Max Richmond was on the
phone right away. Maybe he wanted us to push the tide back out :-)
I worked there from 68-70, and the 50KW was there when I got
there. I was mostly weekends, during college, commuting via the
B&M from Manchester (with the recently appended by-the-sea), my
hometown to Beantown, then trolley and bus the rest of the way.

The layout of the Squantum site was: to the right of the entrance
was the audio rack,  beyond which, on the right rear was the
aforementioned 5KW transmitter. In the center was the console.
On the left, taking up the entire side of the building was the RCA (if
I remember my nominclature) BCA-50. Of course, this was just the
transmitter site. The studios were at.. at... gosh, I wish I knew
where all the neurons went. What was that address? something
Stuart St? HELP!

OK, does anyone know what happened to Barry Lunderville? I went
to school with him (the infamous Grahm Junior College in Kenmore
Square). I know he worked for a spell at WJIB. Of course Beantown
has had so many call changes over the years, who knows what the
call is now.

Jon