RE: What's playing on WZMX (Non-tight playlist)

>Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
<snip>
>(as a sign of my ignorance, and being a little young to "really" get into
>the 60's music as it was happening, I do not recall the Four Tops song w/
>that title...)
        And no wonder. Turn to Stone was on a single (1966-67?) with Seven
Rooms of Gloom. Both got some airplay, if I recall, but neither was among
the Four Tops' biggest hits. And, speaking of tight playlists,  neither is
just about ever heard now on the oldies stations. I think Turn to Stone was
considered the B side. The other one might have made the top 20. Sales
don't always equal quality though, and both these are great Tops'
recordings.