Milkman's Matinee

>                                 Dan Strassberg wrote:
> >
>   Some of the things that made the old WNEW (AM) in its heyday sound so good were the
> > "bouncing-beep" news signature, the "Double-yew--enny double-yew...eelevun
> > three oh in Noo Yawk" theme (with and without lyrics), and the program
> > themes for the Make-Believe Ballroom and Milkman's Matinee. The themes were
> > recorded by name artists. Can't recall who did the MMM theme, but the MBB
> > theme (I believe the second of two that the program had over its years of
> > existence) was recorded by Glenn Miller and the Modernaires. In those
> > years, you couldn't find bigger-name talent than that. The record is now a
> > collectors' item. I think that one of the artists who recorded the
> > signature was Julius LaRosa, who for many years did an air shift at
> > WNEW--maybe even hosted MBB.
> >====================================================================================

	Dan- I now have a copy of the original =Milkman's Matinee= (Coral
#61490) 		recorded on 9/9/54 by Les Brown and Modernaires!!! Written by
Paul Denniker,
	Joe David and Andy Razaf.  The author of the Andy Razaf biography,
Barry
	Singer, indicates that Razaf also wrote the =Make Believe Ballrom=
theme
	for Martin Block with Denniker...."away we go, by radio, to realms of
sweet 	delight."  My recollection is that Julius only did the Noon to 3p
segment.

	BTW, if anyone has a collection of the WNEW jingles ("eleven-three-oh")
	I'd like to trade some stuff for same. Thanx.