Re: Tight Play Lists

SteveOrdinetz said:
*clip*>
> OTOH, heavy rotation has been the rule in Top 40 for a long time...I heard
> that WLS in their heyday had a light connected to a timer...when the light
> came on, the next song you played had to be the #1 song...I think it was
> set to go off every 1:10 or something like that.

The same holds true at Talk Radio 77 (back when it was Music Radio 77 under
Rick Sklar) in New York. He had a light rigged to a clock, which when it
went off, the board op would throw in a #1 song on a cart, tagged with a jingle

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak