Gubernatorial debate

Did anyone notice that none of the broadcast channels carried Wednesday
night's debate between the candidates for governor?  I believe NECN
carried it, though it wasn't listed in the newspaper.  I suspect this is
probably because, for some reason, the debate was held at 8:00 PM, which
would mean pre-empting network prime time programming.  A few years ago,
such pre-emptions were annoyingly common, but it doesn't happen as often
now.

The debate was held at UMass in Amherst, and according to the Campus
Chronicle, it was to be carried on commercial channels 22 and 40 in
Springfield and WFCR.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/