Re: Art Bell

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 ASchinella@aol.com wrote:

> while crime nationally is at an all time low.

Crime is certainly lower than it has been in many years, but an "all time
low"?  No, I don't think so.  Last I heard, the crime rate was down, at
least in some places, to levels comparable to 1968 or so.  But since
growing crime was an issue as early as the 1964 election, crime must have
been lower still in the years before then.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/