Re: Art Bell

Sorry, you are correct. Actually I should have said lowest in 25 years, since
1972 to be exact.

In a message dated 10/15/98 12:23:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lawyer@world.std.com writes:

<< Crime is certainly lower than it has been in many years, but an "all time
 low"?  No, I don't think so.  Last I heard, the crime rate was down, at
 least in some places, to levels comparable to 1968 or so.  But since
 growing crime was an issue as early as the 1964 election, crime must have
 been lower still in the years before then.