Re: 1939...

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Donna Halper wrote:

> Everybody is right on this one, including me.  According to the research
> Scott and I did for WBZ's 75th, Westinghouse had planned to buy several
> stations-- they made offers on them and thought they were really close, but
> both deals evidently fell through.  The trades and the media had been
> receiving the press releases-- and when one of the deals looked like a sure
> bet (that, I believe, was the KFWB story),  it got into print; I have seen
> the articles saying it was nearly a done deal...).  But then suddenly,
> Westinghouse ended up with WINS, not KFWB nor the other station they were
> supposed to acquire (I forget the calls-- it was in the midwest).

Glad to see that one finally cleared up.  Last I looked, the Archives
article on WBZ still said it was the acquisition of KFWB that led to the
demise of WBZA.  That ought to be changed if it hasn't been already.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/