Re: Boston CBS affiliations of long ago (Was Re: 1939...)

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Martin J. Waters wrote:

>         It seems a little strange to me that back at that time CBS would
> have given an affiliation to WLAW rather than protect the territory for its
> own o-and-o, WEEI/590. As of 1945, I believe I recall from info. supplied
> by Dan Strassberg and/or other knowledgeable people,WLAW already had been
> at the present WRKO antenna site in Burlington, with 5 kW, for at least
> several years. So you basically had two CBS stations in the same market for
> whatever period up to June 1945 that WLAW was with CBS.

For some time after that, there were two ABC affiliates locally, WLAW and
WCOP.  Since WLAW covered the area quite will, I don't understand why ABC
would have had a second affiliation with WCOP.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/