Re: WHMP / 1390 or 1400

In a message dated 10/12/98 9:00:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
John_Bolduc@Pictel.com writes:

<< I was listening to a football game on 1390 WPLM Plymouth this past very
 rain-soaked Saturday afternoon when another signal was coming up quite
 strong. A college football came was heard on this channel with the ID
 given as WHMP U-Mass Amherst Radio Net.  I though WHMP was on 1400 in the
 Springfield / Northhampton MA area. >>

I think you were listening to WPLM.  The ID "WHMP U-Mass Amherst Radio Net" is
the name HMP uses to identify their network, since WHMP is the flagship
station for U-Mass football.  It's very similar to the "WEEI-Red Sox Radio
Network."  I think that WPLM is an affiliate since they simulcast with WADN-
Concord, and I know they run the games.  You may have heard the WHMP calls in
that manner--much like you hear the WEEI calls on Red Sox affiliates and the
WBCN calls on Patriot affiliates.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks