WOWO and KYW (was Re: Closing of WBZA)

Uh, Uh..... NOPE !! WRONG!!!!
     WOWO was always a Fort Wayne, station since the day it came to
the air in 1925.  You are probably thinking about another Westinghouse
station, WIND.  WIND was originally licensed to Gary, Indiana but was
moved to Chicago. Contratry to popular belief, the WIND call-letters
don't mean "The WINDy City".  They stood for INDiana, where 560 used
to live !  KYW was originally licensed to Chicago, but was moved to
Philadelphia.  Eventually, those call-letters moved to Cleveland due
to a precident setting (extortion) swap of stations between NBC and
Westinghouse. In 1956, NBC threatened affiliation dumping with other
Westinghouse NBC-TV affiliated stations unless Westinghouse swapped
stations between Cleveland and Philadelphia.  The FCC ordered this
swap reversed in 1965 after the true story of the "swap" came through
their offices.  So, quietly and without any fanfare, KYW-AM and TV
returned to Philadelphia and RCA went back to Cleveland with WKYC-AM,
FM and TV (formerly WNBK-AM, FM and TV).  Obviously, NBC wanted to own
the lucrative NYC to Philadelphia corridor for themselves. So they
threatened Westinghouse.  However, there was too much signal overlap
between WNBC-TV (Channel 4) in New York and WRCV-TV (Channel 3) in
Philadephia.  It took the FCC 9 years to figure that one out !!