Re: WHMP / 1390 or 1400

>Good Morning
>
>I was listening to a football game on 1390 WPLM Plymouth this past very
>rain-soaked Saturday afternoon when another signal was coming up quite
>strong. A college football came was heared on this channel with the ID
>given as WHMP U-Mass Amherst Radio Net.  I though WHMP was on 1400 in the
>Springfield / Northhampton MA area.
>
>Could a wet transmitter (a la WOTW-FM Nashua in the 70's) drift enough to
>temporarily show up on 1390. (I don't think so). However, there does not
>appear to be any other 1390 that would logically carry a UMASS-Amherst
>game.  I do receive the 1390 out of the Plattsburgh/Burlington area on
>during the evening. Perhaps a college team from the area was playing UMA
>and were picking up the WHMP feed.
<snip>

        WHMP (AM)  is 1 kW in Northampton on 1400. Maybe we better check
your radio <g>.

        Early today, I dialed up that cigar-lover program, on 1110, WBT.
But when I first tuned it in it was a bottom-hour news break and it was
running the local WFLA news and weather (that's the originating station). I
guess WBT was asleep at the switch, although I don't know why the cigar
program would send the WFLA local break nationally in the first place.
Nice-sounding weather forecast though <g>. I'm going to ask the National
Radio Club for  a ruling on whether this counts so I can log in WFLA on my
DX list <g>. I mean, I HEARD the station, didn't I?