WHMP / 1390 or 1400

Good Morning

I was listening to a football game on 1390 WPLM Plymouth this past very
rain-soaked Saturday afternoon when another signal was coming up quite
strong. A college football came was heared on this channel with the ID
given as WHMP U-Mass Amherst Radio Net.  I though WHMP was on 1400 in the
Springfield / Northhampton MA area.

Could a wet transmitter (a la WOTW-FM Nashua in the 70's) drift enough to
temporarily show up on 1390. (I don't think so). However, there does not
appear to be any other 1390 that would logically carry a UMASS-Amherst
game.  I do receive the 1390 out of the Plattsburgh/Burlington area on
during the evening. Perhaps a college team from the area was playing UMA
and were picking up the WHMP feed.

Back to WPLM, their phone line feed back to the studio was interrupted two
or three times by "the phone being hung up". I was treated to the usually
telephone company generated recordings and off hook warning alarms that
WKBR 1250 Manchester NH was famous for during Nashua Pride baseball
broadcasts.

John