NERW / WZMX format semi-change

>NERW wrote:
>WZMX (93.7 Hartford) is running jockless for now (except for
>morning-driver Sebastian), as it becomes "93-7 The Point."  It's still
>a classic rock format, focusing on harder rock from the 1970s with "no
>punk, no grunge, no rap, no metal."

        I think the old format is classified as classic hits. That's the
positioner they used, anyhow, and that's how Arbitron has listed it. Anyone
heard what the management's statement is regarding a label for the "new"
format? It's not saying classic hits or classic rock on the air right now.
        Also, I'm now more in agreement with the post that said the music
hasn't changed as much as they make it sound like in the promos and
positioning. It's more like a tweaking and a relaunch of the same product,
sort of.