Re: Nelson Bragg

>...full name is Mrs. Nelson Bragg!  That name ring a bell with anyone.......? :<)

- -gary francis

Nelson Bragg flew into our driveway on the North Shore sometime in the
1950s. He was "piloting" his Swanboat Thunderbird - a contrivance
dreamed up at WBZ during his TV programing on the "Swan Boat Show."  My
parents knew Nelson well, and as a kid, I was mighty impressed by the 2
white swans fastened to the rear fenders or "fins" of the car.

During one of the hurricanes of the middle 1950s, that same swan boat
vehicle was pretty well crunched by a section of the 'BZ broadcast tower
that toppled into the parking lot during the storm.  A Boston paper
captured Nelson in an astonished state as he gazed upon the wreckage.
Nelson was also at WESX for a time in the 60s, and was living in
Marblehead during that time...if I recall correctly.

Bob Jackson
- --