Re: WMUR vs. WNDS

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998 21:48:53 -0400 "Mark" <markwats@netway.com> writes:
>I wonder if the reason WMUR has registered all these WNDS domain name
>possibilities is this(as reported on tonight's 7PM WNDS News Now
>broadcast): WNDS has received the honor of being named New Hampshire
>TV Station of the Year by the NH Association of Broadcasters this past
>weekend in ceremonies held in Manchester....

Actually, the reason WMUR didn't win any awards is because they don't
enter the NHAB competition, nor for that matter the NH Associated Press
Broadcaster's Association contest each spring.  For about four years now,
Channel 9 has chosen not to enter either competition which many in the
broadcast community, including me, feel cheapens the competition.  We
would much rather see everyone participate but the station is entitled
not to.

Ed Brouder (usually masquerading as The Man From Mars, but in this
context from WZID/WFEA)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]