Re: New calls for WZNN/WMYF

Yesterday I wrote: "I only heard the ID once before Rochester changed to
its night pattern and I didn't have a tape rolling so I hope I jotted
this down right--I believe I heard "This is WGIN Rochester and WGID
Exeter."
Today I rolled tape--it's "WGIN Rochester, WGIP Exeter."  The Rochester
name may be offensive to the WCTU (that's not a radio station, folks;
it's the Women's Christian Temperance Union) and as for Exeter, gip is
an alternative spelling of gyp and thus may be offensive to people of
Romany heritage.  On the other hand, fans of Ronald Reagan's role  in
"Knute Rockne, All American" may like the new calls.
Dan Strassberg had these thoughts: "If those calls were available, I
would have picked WGIX for
eXeter."  Yes, eXcept the announcer on the recorded ID seems to be
saying Eggzitter!  Just take Eggzit 2 off I-95 to get there!