WNDS News Finally On The Air

At long last,WNDS(CH 50) has aired it's first full 30 min.newscasts in over
14 years.Last night(9/28) saw the first airings of "WNDS News Now" at 7 and
10 PM.I missed the 7,but caught the 10,and caught tonight's 7PM
show.generally,a good effort,a couple of minor glitches on videotaped
pieces.I did notice when a person is being interviewed,the wireless mikes
sound tinny and a bit noisy,but sound fairly OK when the reporter is doing
his/her open/close.Only notable names that I noted are Al Kaprelian on
weather,Dick Lutsk(sp?)on sports,and Jack Heath,former WMUR news
director,and WCVB reporter prior to his stint at CH 9 had a couple of
IMHO,light news features at the end of the shows I've seen.Tonight's was a
aerial view of Lakes Region foliage from the WNDS Airview
helicopter.Also,they aired a promo regarding their news alliance with
WBZ-TV and also that they are receiving national and international news
video from CNN.Also they have a website which can be found at:
www.wndsnewsnow.com
                                     Mark Watson