Re: WNFT is sold!

>Mark Shneyder wrote:
>So, if WNFT does not
>stay with The Touch, it will most likely be a multicultural format.
<snip>

        I figure The Touch is doomed on the air in Boston, if for no other
reason than I enjoy listening to it. They have a couple specialty shows,
Saturday and Sunday evenings,  on which they do R&B oldies that are a lot
of fun to hear. One show in particular dredges up some real old late
40s/early 50s stuff--when it was still known as "race records"--that you
never hear outside of college radio, somewhere, maybe.

        Since I've given up asking why WILD doesn't buy a fulltime signal,
I'm looking at it from the other side. Why doesn't someone who either owns
(like WRCA) or also buys a fulltime signal buy WILD, make 1090 into
brokered whatever, and put the WILD urban format on the other station? The
Touch, for example, would be a great solution to night and overnight
programming for such a station--flip on the bird to save money at night, do
local during the day, and still have a quality product, because I think The
Touch is pretty well done overall. I guess the answer is that there's more
money to be made with brokered whatever on AM than operating an actual
radio station with an actual format.