Re: Silly legal IDs (Was Re: WKLB DXing)

> The original (WVBF) in 1971 was
>a great piece of production actually. They used phasing and stereo. The
>announcer mumbled Framingham in one channel, sounding like he had 7,000
>marbles in his mouth, then boomed out Boston in both channels.

I can hear it now!!  But it wasn't mumbled at all.  I thinkthe announcer was
Charlie Kendall, who had a problem pronouncing the "V".  He sounded like he
was working ar Rochester's WBBF.

Using technology which I have in my computer, i could do an ID and speed it
up 100 mph.  The pitch of my voice would change not a bit, but the words
would be obviously quick!  I'm curious why, if the FCC intended the city of
license to be heard, why the FCC hasn't made a ruling regarding clarity.

Maybe because today, only a few huge corporations own virtually all the big
stations, teh FCC politicos don't want to ruffle any feathers,

Hey, wait until NOBODY but the big boys can afford advertising anymore!
When one or two conglomerates own the only well-rated stations in town, they
can set their own rates!

:) shel