jAzZ

>Commercially, aside from WFNX's Sunday morning "Jazz Brunch" show and
>mornings on WHRB, I can't see any of the big broadcasting conglomerates
>taking it on.

And let's not forget "Sunday Morning Jazz" on WMJX.

Quite often #1 25-54 in it's time slot. (Who says people don't like Jazz
:-)  )

>It's probably not coincidence that the two commercial
>stations that do air jazz are also two out of the three last
independently-
>owned commercial FM stations in the Boston area...

WSJZ is independently owned?

> and also that those two
>don't seem to be as much ratings-driven in their behavior as the others
..

I think they'd *like* to be ratings driven....  :-) <g!>

>That's not to say that jazz couldn't get good ratings, but the big
players
>clearly don't want to invest in any format that's even the slightest
bit
>"risky", in reputation if not in fact.

Again, Greater bought 96.9....and they'd invested in TV in the past.
Let's see if they do it again for the fall book.