Re: Troubles at WERS??

it was written--
><< If these people were actually  "students", instead of rebelling, they
would
> spend their time learning.

it was also written--
>I don't know about the situation at WERS, but at WMPG at the University of
>Southern Maine, a majority of the station's budget comes from student
activity
>fees but the station's management and on-air staff is dominated by
"community"
>members.

Emerson does not allow "community members" on air and hasn't for years.
Everyone who had a show was either an undergrad or a grad student and there
were rules about who could do a show-- the former GM, Fran Berger, ran a
very tight ship and made sure the station was run professionally, but
students absolutely ran it, under her authority (she was a faculty member,
for those who are not from Emerson and don't know all the players...) .
Talk to me off list for my theories about what is really going on at WERS,
but 'community members' are not the problem.