Re: Standards

In a message dated 98-09-16 16:17:05 EDT, mwaters@wesleyan.edu writes:

<< It seems funny now to remember  that WRKO would have a playlist that
included "We've Only Just Begun" and  "Layla." Now, there's no such format. >>

I still wish there was such a format.  Now that i'm older, i once again
appreciate the soft stuff I liked when I was 12.   I  was a big Carpenters fan
- - even saw them live - they really rocked : )
  That's why I've been enjoying the WJIB format, after being a WFNX listener
for so long I can't believe that i'm now cruising the highways singing along
to the New Christy Minstrels or Chad and Jeremy at the top of my lungs.

Phyllis --
visit big68.org and see my beautiful  WRKO Top 30 collection from the '70's
which Shel has arduosly been scanning in.   I always knew someday they would
be worthly of a higher purpose.