Re: School Stations -WSPS,Concord

Eric writes:  Besides
being bad radio,I have the following questions.

1. Are school-owned/operated stations exempt from public service
regs,EEO,EAS,etc etc if they are more than the old 10w class D's? Do
they need public files?

... And Bill reckonds:  My guess is EAS continues to be voluntary.  EEO is
always a requirement for employment.  For non-paid volunteers, EEO had
better still apply!  Ascertainment is essentially dead for all stations,
IMO.

2. Is a dead carrier legal (assuming you legally identified it)?

Always assumed so.  Can be great alternative to other formats <g> abiding by
a principle given to me by the late Mel de Jaeger (radio engineer in it's
golden years) that "No air is better than bad air."