Re: I was just thinking...

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, David W. Harris wrote:

> I was just thinking...
>     During the course of my listening last week I was stunned to hear
> the word "literally" used correctly!  Twice!  By different announcers!

Hmmm.  Last year there was an article in the Brookline Tab which quoted a
school department official as saying that a particular school was
"literally bursting at the seams."  After I read that, in a conversation
with a friend who is on the School Committee, I asked him whether they
could get the contractor to stand behind his work.

>     The City of Boston has an Allen's Alley named after one of its best
> wits who made it big on national radio.  Is anybody betting on a Stern
> Street somewhere down the road?

Where is Allen's Alley in Boston?

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/