Re: Herald vs. WBCN

I didn't hear the interview but it depends on what level Pat Purcell was
invited on. If Nik's producer called and said that they wanted to talk about
the new newspaper and how great it is, he may not have known he was being set
up especially if he doesn't listen to Nik Carter's show on a regular basis.

It is the same thing that happens when Stern's "Stuttering" John goes out with
a mic, with the intention of interviewing celebs and then he asked Warren
Beatty if his johnson is as big as his Oscar! Or when he asked Gennifer
Flowers if then-Governor Bill Clinton wore a condom during their 12 year
affair.

Now, personally, I like to laugh at this type of stuff as much as anyone,
especially the reaction that these celebs often have (holier than though for
one). But if Purcell was invited on under the guise of doing an interview,
this may have not been the best thing for the station.

It is too bad since the generation of listeners that Nik attracts (my age
group 18-34) really need to read the damn newspaper and the Boston Herald, in
my view, looks really great now.

Tony