Re: a satellite question-- exclusivity?

Bill had written--
>> This morning, 7 had Macklin on the phone (supposedly) from Canada. Hmm, was
>> he _really_ there?

and Joe added--
>What?  Misrepresent something on the air?  Can they =do= that?  ;->

Yeah, it's pretty shocking!  How about that dramatic thing channel 7 does
when they say "Live from our satellite center!", as if they had to send a
reporter miles away-- the room is right next to the main studio at most TV
stations, and all the reporter is really doing is watching a feed from a TV
monitor... no heavy lifting... but it sounds so important, doesn't it?!!!
(Hey I'd like to get paid big bucks for watching feeds from a TV monitor
and then commenting on them...)